Educating the Whole Person
“The end of education is not only to make a living, but also to make a life.”
We hear much in education about the importance of “educating the whole person”. The aim of this one day teacher INSET is to explore what this means in both theory and practice. A five point characterisation of this concept will be developed and illustrated with practical examples and hands-on exercises.
- 1. Criticism Educating the Intellect
- 2. Creativity Educating the Imagination
- 3. Challenge Educating the Will
- 4. Compassion Educating the Conscience
- 5. Contemplation Educating the Spirit