“Our education cannot be complete until we have had conversations with every continent and every civilization.”
[ Theodore Zeldin ]
The aim of this teacher INSET is to explore a concept of international mindedness that goes beyond the “food, festivals and flags” approach, and to look at some concrete strategies for developing a genuinely international ethos in schools.
- What is International Mindedness?
- The Role of Critical Thinking
- Culture & Identity
- Generalizations & Stereotypes
- Values, Tolerance & Respect
- Intercultural Literacy
- Teaching With the World in Mind
- Towards a Whole School Policy
The workshop is designed for Middle Years and IBDP teachers and it can be run as a one day or two day INSET.